Michael P. Goodwin
Paralegal: Ellen Dorow
Michael P. Goodwin is an associate with Jardine, Logan & O’Brien, P.L.L.P. Mr. Goodwin focuses his practice primarily on civil litigation.
Mr. Goodwin previously gained experience in school law matters as an AmeriCorps VISTA member with Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services. Mr. Goodwin was also a law clerk in the Hennepin County Attorney’s Office, where he worked on issues related to government liability, data practices and employment law.
In 2010, Mr. Goodwin earned first place in the Bert W. Levit Writing Contest, a national legal writing contest sponsored by the ABA Standing Committee on Lawyer’s Professional Liability and Long & Levit, LLP. Mr. Goodwin is also a regular contributor to the blog JDs Rising.
During law school, Mr. Goodwin was a board member of the Hamline Law Review and also completed a judicial externship with U.S. District Judge Donovan W. Frank. Prior to enrolling in law school, he was a newspaper journalist.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association—MN Chapter
- Minnesota State Bar Association—Chair, MSBA New Lawyers Section, Outreach Committee
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- Member, AmeriCorps VISTA, Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services
- Law Clerk, Hennepin County Attorney’s Office
- Judicial Intern, U.S. District Judge Donovan W. Frank
- Reporter/Photographer, Beatrice (Neb.) Daily Sun
- TTAB to Revisit Redskins Trademarks, ABA TIPS Intellectual Property Committee Newsletter, Winter 2010
- Courts Split on Whether Plausibility Standard Applies to Affirmative Defenses, FBA Minnesota Chapter Newsletter, Fall 2010
- Supreme Court Decision Focuses on Cameras, FBA Minnesota Chapter, Newsletter, Spring 2010