Jamie L. Guderian
Paralegal: Mallory Urbaniak
Jamie Guderian is an associate with the firm. Ms. Guderian focuses her practice primarily on civil litigation. In particular, Ms. Guderian has defended governmental entities against various claims, including, but not limited to, claims involving the Eighth Amendment, Fourth Amendment, First Amendment, 42 U.S.C. § 1983, 42 U.S.C. § 1985, procedural and substantive due process, equal protection, the Minnesota Human Rights Act, the Minnesota Whistleblower Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, intentional torts, negligence, and discriminatory enforcement of the law. Her practice requires participation in cases in state and federal courts, including appellate courts such as the Minnesota Court of Appeals and the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Guderian gained valuable experience as a law clerk for Judge Richard A. Zimmerman. In that position, she expanded her knowledge in both civil and criminal law, including misdemeanors, felonies, juvenile prosecution, child protection, and implied consents. While in law school, Ms. Guderian was a judicial extern with former Justice Kenneth Bell of the Florida Supreme Court. She also served as the Research and Writing Editor on the Florida Coastal Law Review Editorial Board.
- Flavin v. Stearns County Jail, 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 102840 (D. Minn. June 1, 2012) (recommendations adopted Flavin v. Stearns County Jail, 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 102298 (D. Minn. July 24, 2012).
- Minnesota Voters Alliance, et al v. Ritchie, et al, 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 115914 (D. Minn. Aug. 17, 2012)
- Irwin v. Carter G. Woodson Inst. For Student Excellence, 2012 Minn. App. Unpub. LEXIS 887 (Minn. Ct. App. Sept. 10, 2012)
- Vilenchik, et al v. City of Crystal, et al, 11-CV-02711 (D. Minn. Oct. 25, 2012)
- Don D. Patterson, Sr. v. County of Douglas Sheriff, MDHR Case No. 60213 (Dec. 26, 2012)
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Judicial Law Clerk, Hon. Richard A. Zimmerman, Minnesota State District Court, 2009-2012
- Judicial Extern, Hon. Kenneth Bell, Florida Supreme Court, Spring 2008