Jason A. Koch
Named to the 2012 list of Minnesota Rising Stars by Minnesota Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business
Paralegal: Mallory Urbaniak
Jason Koch is a partner with Jardine, Logan & O’Brien, P.L.L.P. and practices principally in the areas of:
- Construction Litigation
- Products Liability
- Civil Litigation
- Insurance Defense
Jason was selected for inclusion to Minnesota Super Lawyers® – Rising Stars, 2008 and 2012 Editions.
Construction Litigation. Jason has successfully represented construction companies in commercial and residential construction litigation involving a wide variety of alleged construction and/or design defects. His clients include large general contractors, small subcontractors and specialty trade contractors. Jason has successfully defended clients in Minnesota courts as well as in binding arbitration proceedings.
Civil Litigation. In civil litigation, Jason assists clients in the areas of general liability and negligence, products liability, health law, employment law and motor vehicle liability. Jason has experience representing manufacturers of complex machinery against products liability claims. He also has extensive experience in representing health care providers in malpractice cases, including allegations of wrongful death. Jason also defends companies and individuals in motor vehicle cases, premises liability cases, and other civil suits alleging personal injuries.
Insurance Defense. Jason represents insurance companies in disputes involving insurance coverage. He also has extensive experience working with insurance companies to resolve disputes involving a variety of legal issues.
Jason was born in St. James, Minnesota. Following law school, he was a law clerk for the Honorable Thomas J. Kalitowski at the Minnesota Court of Appeals. He practiced law with another firm prior to joining Jardine, Logan & O’Brien in 2005. Jason enjoys working out, waterskiing, snow skiing, camping, fishing, and playing broomball.
- Representation of a general contractor in the construction of a pool house in which the owner claimed defective construction and related damage. We successfully established legal defenses during binding arbitration and received a decision of no liability on the contractor
- Representation of an excavation contractor in a jury trial in which plaintiff alleged defective grading caused damage as a result of water intrusion and runoff issues. A very favorable verdict was obtained.
- Obtained a Summary Judgment dismissal in favor of a health care provider in a wrongful death lawsuit, arguing that the plaintiff failed to establish breach of the standard of care and that the breach caused the alleged damages.
- Successfully enforced risk-shifting indemnification agreements in construction contracts in lawsuits in which plaintiff claimed damages caused by construction defects.
- Minnesota (2003)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota (2005)
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., cum laude (2003)
- University of South Dakota, B.S.B.A, highest honors (2000)
- Minnesota Super Lawyers – Rising Stars, 2008 and 2012 Editions
- Minnesota State Bar Association (MSBA) (Member, 2003 – Present)
- Washington County Bar Association (Member, 2006 – Present)