Patti J. Skoglund
Paralegal: Jaclyn Olson
Pat Skoglund is a partner with Jardine, Logan & O’Brien, P.L.L.P. With 30 years of experience as a trial lawyer, Ms. Skoglund continues to focus her practice on the defense of employers, healthcare providers, and general litigation. Prior to becoming a lawyer, Ms. Skoglund spent ten years practicing as a registered nurse. Her healthcare knowledge and experience provides additional expertise for the defense of her litigation and administrative legal cases. She has also been named as one of Minnesota’s leading health law attorneys by Minnesota Physician.
Ms. Skoglund’s health law practice includes litigation in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa state and federal courts. Her litigation experience includes more than ninety trials with successful defense verdicts. She also represents clients before licensing and disciplinary agencies. Ms. Skoglund has handled defense of individual healthcare providers, hospitals, clinics, long term care, medical and drug products, and sexual abuse matters.
Ms. Skoglund is an adjunct faculty member at Hamline University School of Law teaching a health law practicum course. Also she frequently presents at Continuing Healthcare and Legal Education Seminars.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Association of Nurse Attorneys (Minnesota Chapter)
- Hamline University School of Law - Health Law Adjunct Professor
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers, Board of Directors, 1999 - 2003
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers, Health Long Term Care and Employment Committees
- Minnesota Women Lawyers (Co-Chairperson, Professional Development Committee, 1989-1990)
- Volunteer Lawyer Services (Staff various clinics as needed)
- Volunteer Therapy Dog Services
- Staff Nurse, St. Mary’s Hospital, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 1977-1984
- Staff Nurse, Veterans Administration, Iron Mountain, Michigan, 1975-1977