Jardine, Logan & O’Brien, P.L.L.P. has represented numerous hospitals, long-term care facilities, physicians, nursing homes, and other health care professionals in suits alleging medical negligence. We have also represented health care professionals and organizations on issues including malpractice, licensure and disciplinary matters, employment, and hospital corporate liability. With nurse-attorneys on staff, we have unparalleled insight into critical health care issues.
With attorneys licensed in several states, our health care practice extends to the defense of claims in state and federal courts of Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa.
It is our philosophy to vigorously and aggressively defend all claims that do not have merit. In turn, we believe it is equally important to identify claims that involve some client exposure and to determine the extent of that exposure. This determination frequently involves locating and identifying qualified physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals who can provide expert testimony to defend against malpractice claims when a trial becomes necessary.
MDH Adverse Health Events Report finds number of adverse events stayed flat in 2012.
Click here to see the Minnesota Department of Health Adverse Health Events Report
- Pippert v. Gundersen Clinic, Ltd., 300 F.Supp.2d 870 (N.D. Iowa 2004)
- Stodgell v. City of Warroad, 2003 WL 22136081 (Minn. App. 2003)
- In re Appeal of Sharon O’Boyle, 655 N.W.2d 331 (Minn. App. 2002)
- D.R.W. v. State, Dept. of Health, 2001 WL 1187092 (Minn. App. 2001)
Health Law Attorneys
Congratulations to Patti Skoglund, and Marlene Garvis for being named Leading Health Care attorneys by Minnesota Physician for 2005.
Brochures and Publications
- Our Health Law Brochure focusing on Patti Skoglund and Marlene Garvis
- JLO Legal • Ease Summer 2006 - New Developments in Health Law - Professional Malpractice - 2006 Legislative Update