Areas of Practice
Patrick S. Collins is a partner with Jardine, Logan & O’Brien, P.L.L.P. Patrick is a member of the Defense Research Institute (DRI) and the Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association (MDLA). For over 20 years Patrick has been primarily practicing in the areas of:
Government Liability. Patrick has represented cities and municipalities throughout Minnesota involving civil rights claims, construction disputes, personal injuries and land use regulations. A few of his distinguished cases include:
- Kong v. Burnsville, 960 F.3d 985 (8th Cir. 2020)
- Birkeland v. Jorgenson, 971 F.3d 787 (8th Cir. 2020)
- Nelson v. Short-Elliot-Hendrickson, Inc., 716 N.W.2d 394 (Minn. App. 2006)
- Cameo Homes v. Kraus-Anderson Construction Co., 394 F.3d 1084 (8th Cir. 2005)
Civil Litigation Defense. Patrick has successfully represented, counseled and obtained favorable results for numerous individuals, corporations, associations, and insurance companies throughout Minnesota and Wisconsin in disputes involving personal injury, insurance coverage, insurance agents, construction, real property, contracts, products liability and subrogation. A few of his distinguished cases include:
- Albers v. American Family, Stearns County District Court File No. CX-05-5119 (Defended wrongful death insurance coverage claim – summary judgment for client).
- MEFI v. Walter’s Electric, Pierce County Circuit Court File No. 08-CV-198 (Defended construction defect claims – dismissal for client).
- Technipac v. Secura, Hennepin County District Court File No. 27-CV-07-6936 (Defended defective product coverage claim – summary judgment for client).
- Marxers v. American Family, Hennepin County District Court File No. 27-CV-11-012616 (Defended bad-faith denial claim – summary judgment for client).
- Grabrick v. Grabrick, Dakota County District Court File No. C407011037 (Defended personal injury claim – summary judgment for client).
- Poston v. Hyder Investments, Inc. d/b/a McDonald’s Restaurant, Hennepin County District Court File No. 27-CV-08-18770 (Defended product liability claim – summary judgment for client).
During his career, Patrick has spearheaded the contract drafting and litigation for local and national companies. Patrick has successfully represented clients in numerous claims ranging from $10,000 to $24,000,000.
- Minnesota State Bar
- Wisconsin State Bar
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- J.D. Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- B.A. University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association
- Wisconsin State Bar
- Wisconsin Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)