Licensed to practice law in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, North Dakota, and South Dakota, the attorneys at Jardine, Logan & O’Brien focus on achieving the client’s desired outcome in resolving construction claims. They are experienced in resolving disputes as soon as practical, from early on in the litigation process, through motion practice, trial, and appeal.
- Ocel v. City of Eagan, 402 N.W.2d 531 (Minn. 1987). Contribution and indemnity claims against contractor were dismissed pursuant to Minn. Stat. § 541.051.
- R. E. M. IV, Inc. v. Robert F. Ackermann & Assoc., Inc., 313 N.W.2d 431 (Minn. 1981). Subcontractor held not liable in indemnity where there was no temporal, nor geographical casual relationship between the subcontractor’s work and the injury.
- De Vries v. City of Austin, 261 Minn. 52, 110 N.W.2d 529 (1961). Defense verdict upheld where it was alleged that subcontractor/back hoe operator was negligent in striking a gas line while excavating a trench.
- Glendalough Homeowners’ Ass’n v. Nassar, et al., 2015 WL 7357196 (Minn. Ct. App. Nov. 23, 2015)
- Randall Transit Mix Co. v. Boerneke Const., Inc., No. A04-2023 (Minn. Ct. App. June 21, 2005). Obtained summary judgment dismissal of property damage claims for negligent construction and maintenance of an access road.
- Mytty v. Dean R. Johnson Constr., Inc., No. C9-99-639 (Minn. Ct. App. Sept. 28, 1999). Court enforced subcontractor agreement, pursuant to Minn. Stat. § 337.05(1), and required subcontractor to pay 1 million dollars in indemnity and over $100,000.00 in attorneys fees and costs.
- Analysis of Commercial General Liability Coverage for Construction Defect Work Claims in Minnesota and Wisconsin (2017)
- Recent Developments in Construction Defect Litigation – Wooddale Builders/Kootenia (2006) – by Matthew P. Bandt
Construction Law Subcommittees of the Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association, Minnesota State Bar Association, DRI, and Claims and Litigation Management Alliance. Also members of Northwest Loss Association and Twin City Claims Association.