We are hiring immediately for a Front-Desk Receptionist on a daily basis from 8 am to 5 pm Mon.-Fri. and to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. As a Receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for our company. Our Receptionist’s duties include offering administrative support across the organization. You will welcome guests and greet people who visit the business. You will coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls. To be successful as a Receptionist, you should have a pleasant personality and be highly professional. You should be able to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations. Multitasking and stress management skills are essential for this position. Ultimately, a Receptionist’s duties and responsibilities are to ensure the front desk welcomes guests positively, and executes all administrative tasks to the highest quality & confidentiality standards, and provide support to fellow team members and other departments.
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures). Clean conference rooms after each meeting
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive, sort, scan, index and distribute daily mail/deliveries/faxes
- Responsible for all delivery/pick-up requests
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk
- Maintain sign-in and sign out sheets
- Assist in ordering of supplies and keep inventory of stock
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing
- Coordinate and schedule reservations of conference rooms and Zoom and Teams meetings, preventing overlaps
- Keep facility manager apprised of any building maintenance issues such as burned out light(s), etc., follow-up when necessary
- Assist the Administrator and the File Opening, Accounting & Marketing teams
- Provide support to the legal assistants, paralegals, and attorneys as needed
- Learn and understand most of the functions of the document management software, PerfectLaw. As well as Microsoft Office, Zoom, etc.
- Assist with office/client functions and events
- Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- High school graduate or the equivalent. Prior Receptionist/phone answering experience preferred. Must be able to work independently and be highly professional.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 – $17.00 per hour
Job Type: Full-time
Jardine, Logan & O’Brien P.L.L.P. is a midsize law firm in the east metro looking for a full-time legal assistant. Ideal candidate will be able to work independently and have at least two years of prior legal assistant experience. Responsibilities include drafting and formatting correspondence, pleading, briefs, and other legal documents, transcription, knowledge of court rules, filings with courts, calendaring, scheduling, and provide support to attorneys and paralegals. Litigation experience a plus. E-Filing and Microsoft Office experience preferred. Looking for a detail oriented team player with a positive attitude.
- Transcribe, type, and proofread correspondence, memos, and documentation for mechanical errors.
- Draft routine documents. Format briefs, correspondence, pleadings, and other legal documents. Prepares templates.
- Perform work accurately and within established deadlines.
- Know and understand court rules regarding preparation and service of documents including e-filing.
- Know and understand most or all of the specialized functions of Microsoft Office; keep-up-to-date on all computerized functions.
- Learn most of the functions of the case and document management system. Indexes mail into the case/document management system by entering required data timely and accurately.
- Answer telephone in a professional manner, take accurate messages and deliver them in a timely manner. Initiate and return client calls, when asked.
- Submit accurate employee and attorney time sheets on a timely basis and use initiative in assisting timekeepers with the timekeeping and billing process. Keep up-to-date on various billing requirements for clients.
- Maintain daily calendar to meet deadlines and follow-up on important filing.
- Ensure both physical and electronic files are current and organized.
- Supports case preparation by preparing materials for mediation and trial, exhibit, and hearing books, organizing materials for timekeeper case review, etc.
- Set up meetings, medical exams, depositions, vocational evaluations, etc. both inside and outside of the office.
- Make arrangements for service of process, other deliveries, court reporters, depositions, and conference rooms.
- Make travel arrangements.
- Maintain contact and coversheets for clients, experts, witnesses, etc.
- Handle responsibilities delegated by timekeepers. Set priorities well; deal with competing concerns of two or more timekeepers.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in education opportunities; reading professional publications regarding technology and e-filing requirements.
- Demonstrate ability to perform core technological competencies in Microsoft Office, e-filing, and case/document management system.
- Understand and conform to the firm’s policies and procedures.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.00 – $25.00 per hour
Associate Attorney with experience in civil litigation and/or workers’ compensation. Excellent communication skills and writing skills required. Insurance defense experience a plus. Our firm offers an extensive history of providing excellent legal services to our clients. This is an exciting opportunity for a bright and energetic attorney to work with an established law firm. Salary commensurate with experience.
Paralegals work with attorneys to perform such tasks as legal research, writing, fact gathering and analysis, preparation of legal documents, client and witness interviews, file investigation and document gathering activities. The Paralegal must be proficient in use of the computer (Microsoft Office Suite and Internet Research, including Westlaw) to conduct research, analyze electronic data, and prepare legal documents and legal analysis. Experience with litigation document management system (PerfectLaw and Trial Director) is a plus.
- Factual and Legal research
- Legal writing
- Preparation of Motions, Affidavits and other Pleadings
- Location and interviewing clients and witnesses
- File investigation
- Review damage information and calculate damages
- Determine experts required on a case basis and communicate with said expert about information necessary to provide required opinions and report
- Attend site and accident inspections
- Gather medical records, financial records, employment records etc. and summarize the same
- Draft correspondence, memoranda and other documents
- Research legal sources such as statutes, administrative records, opinions, articles, treatises and various rules and regulations
- Prepare and serve subpoenas, notices of taking depositions and other legal documents
- Check citations, quotations, and footnote references for accuracy
- Prepare chronologies and summaries of case facts, investigation records, deposition testimony, witness interviews, expert opinions and discovery responses
- Draft interrogatories, request for documents and other discovery requests and respond to the same
- Assist attorneys at trials and depositions
- Prepare evidence, exhibits, affidavits and other documents for use in legal proceedings
- Comply with court rules and court orders to ensure all required filings are complete and deadlines are met
- Perform related work as assigned
- Knowledge of legal terminology and appropriate court rules
- Ability to research and follow court rules and court procedures
- Ability to draft and interpret legal documents
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize
- Ability to effectively communicate through speaking and writing
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to be self-driven and anticipate future case work-up as needed
- Ability to be professional in all situations
- Ability to be flexible
General Qualification Guidelines:
Experience in Paralegal work. Graduation from an accredited 4 year college or university with major course work in law or related field is generally preferred; though consideration will be given to those with an Associate’s Degree from an ABA approved program and pertinent experience.
Salary commensurate with exp.
Please submit your cover letter and resume and Applicant Voluntary Self-Identification Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jardine, Logan, and O’Brien P.L.L.P. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer.
- 401(k) matching
- Profit Sharing
- Dental insurance
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Vision insurance